It is that time of year when feverish preparations begin – the Examination Fever. Many young students are receiving ready for the greatest test of their academic lives, one that will determine their selection of career and how their futures will shape up. The 10th standard examinations or Board Examinations follow many patterns in line with the syllabi and the academic councils the schools are affiliated to. Getting high marks and percentages overall in every subjects is key to enhancing chances of a good education in a reputed institution; therefore students should take extra steps in equipping themselves well in the preparations for exam study.
Students at this level have six to seven subjects with allocation of marks and grades combined for a topic grouping. Mathematics and Science take predominance over other subjects like Social Studies, English or Other Languages. This is because for most technical courses post school and getting admitted into college be determined by excellent percentages in both of these subjects. While subjects like English be determined by the student’s excellent uptake of grammar and presentation of answers in a nice format with the relevant points concisely written, Mathematics and Science depend largely on accuracy in answers and results.
Some examination tips for High School
• By understanding the format of exams corresponding to the syllabus undertaken, students can workout a study schedule depending on subjects that want more attention and time. Having a timetable based subject-wise and topic-wise will greatly benefit your study schedule; remember to perform the schedule depending on the timetable you have prepared
• Discussing previous question paper samples and guides helps obtain an insight into the type of questions that can be expected and prepare a mental plan on how to answer the questions
• Resorting to malpractices or depending entirely on memorizing content could be disastrous. In case of exam panic or even a wrong move 2021 waec expo, your brain adopts a freeze making thinking and recollection difficult. It is much better to comprehend content, rephrase questions on how best to create out the answers and keep doing the tasks over and over to master the technique and analyze and correct mistakes, especially in problem solving
• One of the greatest approaches to retain content the student has read is to publish down points or make brief notes that will remember key points to prepare the flow of content
• When in doubt, seek help. Parents, teachers, friends, guides are always around to greatly help clear doubts. Published guides help but where they fail is the type of one on one interaction that you’ll have with peers and superiors
• Learn to rehearse time management which can be very essential in answering question papers. Practicing writing speeds might help improve answering skills when time is of utmost importance
Besides these academic tips, there are several areas that the student needs to keep in mind when finding your way through Board exams.
i. Pick a study area without distractions and ambient noises from traffic, TV screens, computers and other gadgets that could be a disturbance or intrusion. Conversations with friends could be on a instances when you take a break from studying
ii. Getting proper nutrition, exercise and sleep recharges the body and fills it with energy resources which are extremely essential. Skipping meals and sleeping less will tire the body and mind and make you exhausted by enough time examinations arrive
iii. Avoid places and situations that can cause anger and negative emotions to surface. The unnecessary anxiety and worry will not help in any way
iv. Always take constant breaks from study to re-energize your brain and body. Cramming mental performance with an excessive amount of information or a lot of facts in a short span of time is not really a good idea. Take time off to indulge in a favorite hobby like listening to music, painting or photography; opting for a short walk and meeting friends for a sit down elsewhere is recommended provided this does not cut into your daily study schedule and you can get back to study mode again